Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Airlines Gone Mad

I have a love-hate relationship with The Airline. In one of the sad ironies in life I find myself more often curled up in an airplane than at home. I am diseased to a certain extent to find a thrill when I can screw over The Airline...yet it is rather pathetic because The Airline is so big it doesn't care about wee me.

The Airline did a number on me recently. My laptop (don't buy Toshiba) had a pre-existing condition of a poorly constructed screen. Add gregarious Air Canada Jazz flight attendant to the mix (bam BAM BAAAM!!! Why won't this luggage compartment shut! BAM!!!!) and I have a laptop with a cracked screen.

I was feeling down and out about this until I heard about Sam Sullivan. His worship is a quadraplegic and did my city proud by accepting the Olympic Flag this past week. He showed the world that you can be disabled but still make it somewhere in life. Yet mysteriously enough, The Airline gave the mayor a choice:

"Sorry sir but if you take the flag home with you, you are going to be over your weight limit. So you can take your wheelchair or the flag, but not both."

Sam chose the flag. It now flies at City Hall. Good on you Sam: you chose well....but I wonder how he got off the plane!!!

Maybe I should offer to write The Letter to The Airline.....

1 Comments:

Blogger vtnn said...

what? YOU, write a letter? as in a letter of complaint? why...i never would have thought you had it in you...

6:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home